Millions of people are worrying about hair fall. Hair loss is a common problem. Some people underwent a specialized study on how to stop falling hair. Most of the drugs that cure this problem are available on almost all drugstores. Some of them require the doctor’s prescription. Some of these products are effective in reducing and stopping hair loss. But there is a catch. These products are expensive and needed a continued use for seeing lasting results. There are also a lot of natural products available. The advantage of using natural products is there are no side effects. Most of the chemical hair loss treatments are also known to have caused several allergic reactions including facial swelling, itching, and growth of hair in any unwanted regions. By choosing natural ways to stop this problem, you can avoid such adverse side effects.
Naturally, the first step in combating hair loss is to address the body’s nutritional needs. In many cases, the hair loss stems from an improper diet, lack of physical activity etc. Depending on the severity of your hair loss, a doctor will perform a blood test that can help determine the deficiencies causing the hair loss in the first place. Remedial steps are then taken to overcome these deficiencies. Doctors generally ask patients to incorporate the following items in the diet:
- Carrots-Not only are carrots good for the eyes; this vitamin-A rich root is also excellent for the hair.
- Prunes-These are packed with iron and can help improve the quality of the hair.
- Oats- Oats are rich in fiber and also have a high concentration of zinc, iron, and omega-6 fatty acids. All these are essential for good skin and also promote hair growth and development.
- Sea food-There is no doubt that fatty fish like salmon and other sea food including shrimp etc are packed with loads of Vitamin B12, iron, zinc etc. All these can provide you with nourishment necessary to prevent hair fall.
- Walnuts- These are rich in all the B-vitamins as well as iron, zinc etc. People often suffer from hair fall when they are selenium deficient and walnuts can help overcome this deficiency.
Hot oil treatment for the scalp
Other major reasons for hair loss are underlying problems of the scalp region. These include dryness, flaking, dandruff etc. In many countries like China and India, ancient scriptures have stressed the use of natural oils for massaging the scalp on a weekly basis. More and more Western countries are also adopting these techniques. Hair and scalp massage using oils like coconut, sesame oil, canola oil, safflower and olive oil etc is gaining popularity on account of their effectiveness in stopping hair loss. Coconut and sesame oils are especially known to be very light and are easily absorbed by the scalp. Additionally, one can also use essential oils like rosemary, thyme and other natural plant based extracts for massaging the scalp. The extracts are highly concentrated and need to be mixed with carrier oils.
Oil massages can help overcome dryness and, with regular use, many patients have seen improved hair texture as well as reduced hair fall. Here are the steps to be followed for hot oil scalp treatment:
- Start by warming the oil of your choice; it should not be exceedingly hot-just warm and within your comfort zone.
- Using a cotton ball, or your fingers, massage the oil all over the scalp. This can help stimulate blood circulation and keep the hair follicles active.
- Now, take a towel and dip it in hot water. Squeeze out the excess water and wrap your hair in the same. Alternatively, you can simply cover your head with a shower cap; doing this will help the scalp absorb the oils.
- After a few hours, wash off your hair using a mild shampoo.
- Repeat the treatment every once a week.
Ayurveda, the ancient Indian science, also recommends the use of common kitchen ingredients for fighting hair loss. Some of these natural remedies include rubbing the scalp with juices of onion, garlic, ginger etc and leaving them on the scalp overnight. Naturally, one must always check for any allergic reaction, by trying on the ingredients on a small area prior to using it all over the head. Likewise, antioxidant rich green tea is also known to promote hair re-growth and can be left on the scalp for an hour prior to washing it off with a mild shampoo
There are many naturally occurring ingredients like Saw Palmetto which give the same benefits that you get from drugs like Minoxidil. Minoxidil or Rogaine® is a popular hair-loss prevention topical application drug that blocks DHT hormone. DHT hormone is a metabolite of testosterone and one of the most common reasons for hair fall. Saw palmetto is known to block its production and was, in fact, first used by Native American Indians for maintaining healthy hair and skin.
Another herb that is very popular in staving off baldness and promoting hair re-growth is Nettle root. Nettle can also block production of the hair loss causing hormones and works in a similar manner to Saw palmetto. Many stores sell Nettle and Saw Palmetto based shampoos as well as supplements for oral use.
Meditation for Stress Control
Often, the thought of hair loss itself is enough to cause worry and anxiety; this, in turn, leads to more hair loss. Many doctors prescribe meditation and yoga for overcoming such stress. Studies have shown that meditation can actually restore hormonal balance in our bodies. This can not only help prevent hair loss but also has advantages in other aspects of life.
It is often better to use natural products to stop hair fall, rather than opting for expensive drugs and chemicals that may not always show results.
These are the answers on how to stop hair loss naturally.